PROCEDURE for CERTIFICATION for CJVOA CADET
- Pay $270.00 for Clinic Fee (includes 2 years CJVOA membership).
- Take the CJVOA Cadet Training Clinic/Class.
- Pass Cadet-in-Training Exam
- Pass the NFHS State Certification Exam on line and receive 84%+
- As a CIT you must complete the following and within 2 years:
- Register with NJSIAA and pay required fees – $55 Registration Fee, $10 Background Check Fee ** Note these fees are paid upon becoming a CIT
- Attend 1-2 matches to observe (must be done during the scrimmage season)
- Attend 2+ matches to practice/shadow other officials/be critiqued
- Get a recommendation to be rated by an assigned mentor and/or a CJVOA Rating Team Member
- Pass multiple rating sessions as an R1 (from different CJVOA Raters)
- Pass multiple rating sessions as an R2 (from different CJVOA Raters)
- Work at least 8 matches assigned by CJVOA
- Newly rated officials may not accept High School Assignments outside CJVOA
NOTE: Each cadet proceeds through the on-court training and ratings individually. More experienced cadets with a volleyball background generally advance faster than those who do not have a lot of volleyball experience. Therefore, the amount of time needed before being able to work matches varies.
*All CIT’s are under the guidance of the Director of Certification and Advancement regarding scheduling matches to attend to observe, be critiqued, and/or rated. All critiques and ratings are to be submitted to the Director of Certification.
Chapter Assignor will be contacted by Director of Certification when the process is completed.
Please do not let the above overwhelm you, the process is not difficult as long as you pass the test, are able to attend afternoon HS matches to observe, be critiqued, or be rated, on a regular basis, and most of all, be open to some constructive criticism and advice, and hand in all completed paperwork.
Helpful Hints: Get as much court experience as you can whether it’s observing on TV., or better yet, going and watching a local high school match or any volleyball league in the area. Observe as much as possible prior to the clinic. Get familiar and comfortable with the game.